Jason represents corporate, public entity, and individual clients with a focus on litigation and dispute resolution. He litigates and advises on a wide range of issues, including contract disputes, employment matters, healthcare whistleblower actions, tort and constitutional claims, antitrust and unfair competition disputes, False Claims Act matters, fair procedure and peer review, and other business disputes. Jason litigates disputes in state and federal courts, administrative proceedings, arbitration, and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Representative experience includes:
- Representing professional medical corporation in federal court against claims under the False Claims Act.
- Representing public health care agency against employment discrimination claims by former employees.
- Representing an IPA against unfair competition and tortious interference claims. Secured a favorable settlement after defeating multiple motions for temporary restraining orders and a preliminary injunction.
- Representing physician members of an LLC in a dispute over control of the LLC and potential buyout price related to allegations of breach of fiduciary and contractual duties. Secured a favorable award after arbitration.
- Representing a hospital in defendant against employment discrimination claims by a former employee. The plaintiff agreed to dismiss his claims for no-payment after the first-day of a scheduled weeklong arbitration.
- Representing a city in a wrongful death action alleging negligence by city employees. Secured dismissal on demurrer; affirmed on appeal.
Jason is an active member of several professional organizations, including the California Society for Healthcare Attorneys, the Bar Association of San Francisco, and the Alameda County Bar Association, where he serves as a member of the Judicial Appointments Evaluation Committee.
Before joining Kessenick Gamma, Jason practiced law with Am Law 100 law firms and as a Deputy City Attorney for the City of Oakland. He also served as a Temporary Assistant District Attorney in the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office and as a law clerk to the Honorable Irma E. Gonzalez, then Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. Jason is admitted to practice in state and federal courts in California and New York.
Jason received his J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law, where he served on the editorial board of the Northwestern University Law Review and received recognition for his extensive public service work as a law student. Before law school, Jason worked as a middle school teacher in Oakland and as a program director with Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula in East Palo Alto.